Thursday, February 2, 2012

30 in 2012.

Lately, I have been looking for work and at the same time occupying some notional territory of the housewife/homemaker and enjoying it.  The only downside I am finding to staying at home is that I feel that I am not "holding up my side" where income is concerned.

Being interested in vintage means that I am probably more exposed to the traditional role of the homemaker than other people in my position and I like the thought of creating a home, like my Grandmother did for her family, and knowing that it will be appreciated and remembered with a smile. 

I am sure that there are a lot of people in my situation at the moment: looking for work, eager to do anything (waitress, reception work, bar work), not just what I spent six years at university studying for.  I am getting slightly fed up with cover letters and CV and finding documents etc, so I thought that I would write a list of 30 things that I would like to achieve by the end of the year (my list was made after reading this one here).  By focusing on improving myself and being thankful for what I do have will send out some good energy into the universe!

Line through = done
Highlighted = in process of
Highlighted Purple = trying for the second time.
  1. Do Yoga every morning for a week.
  2. Write a letter to myself to open in 10 years
  3. Don't complain about anything for a whole day
  4. Go one week without TV
  5. Create a fortnightly menu from food in the pantry/fridge - no shopping
  6. Do some exercise with my husband - once a month.
  7. Watch all 6 Star Wars in order in 24 hours
  8. Do 10 nice things for people without telling them
  9. Create a proper vegetable garden
  10. Pray every day
  11. Stop answering/calling when I am driving
  12. Learn to use the lawnmower
  13. Cook my husband all his favourite meals for a week
  14. Do a 3 day detox
  15. Write my half-sister and half-brother a letter once a month
  16. Begin to learn shorthand
  17. Begin to study Italian again
  18. Play my clarinet once a week
  19. Be able to play Christmas Carols on my guitar by the end of the year
  20. Be able to run for 15 minutes without stopping
  21. SMS all my friends once a month telling them how lovely they are
  22. Schedule a catch-up day once a month to see friends and family living far away
  23. Sail on a long voyage (overnight at least)
  24. Have all the mending done by the end of the year
  25. Make my dress for the 50s Fair this year
  26. Visit Rose Seidler House on a Sunday
  27. Go to high tea with all the women in my family.
  28. Take a picnic to the botanic gardens.
  29. Be debt free
  30. Not buy any handbags or magazines.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...