Thursday, July 19, 2012

Reading List: The Mitfords - Letters Between Six Sisters





Here is the latest addition to my reading list:

The Mitfords - Letters Between Six Sisters - edited by Charlotte Mosley.


I have been forever hearing and reading passing references to the Mitford sisters but do not actually know much about them so when I saw this book I thought it was high time to brush up on my history.

I know that there are many books about the Mitfords (at least 3 or 4 in the bookshop when I was looking) but I have always loved reading peoples letters and so I thought that this one would be perfect.  It also boasts personal photographs of all of the sisters and some of their more unusual acquaintances.  I find the way people express themselves very interesting especially when it is to someone that they have a intimate relationship with.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...