Saturday, March 9, 2013

Recipe: Cannelini Bean Patties

I have been thinking about what I can blog about lately and most of the ideas I have come up with are parenting-related, but this one is not.

My husband loves hamburgers but being vegetarian I have to come up with something for myself that is as easy and tasty.  There are some great commercial products available but I find that all of a sudden, the price has gone up on a lot of them and they are as expensive as meat to buy.

This recipe is a cross between Nigella Lawson's burger recipe in Nigella Express and the method from the bean ball recipe in Veganomicon.

You can really use any beans but here is the version I have enjoyed most recently:

Ingredients
  • 1 can cannelini beans - rinsed
  • 1 tablespoon caramelized onions
  • Tamari - to taste
  • Worcestershire sauce - to taste
  • Salt and Pepper

Method
  • Mash the can of beans
  • Add the caramelized onions
  • Add tamari, Worcestershire,  salt and pepper sauce to taste
  • Mould into patties and fry.  Do not attempt to turn over for awhile or they will break up.


I got three patties out of this amount and they were great reheated under the grill with some ketchup manis for a quick snack.  Too easy.







No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...